Sunday, June 24, 2012

Get back to where you once belonged...

Man, that month-long hiatus took forever. I have my excuses--I moved across the country, I got a job and an internship that take up most of my time, etc. But now I'm getting back to where I once belonged... and I'm pretty excited about it!

So, we'll be starting up again where we left off: with the boys, post-Beatles breakup, going off on their own in a big, scary world, creating music and doing their thing. I'll go in the traditional order (John, Paul, George, Ringo), but seeing as how the second and fourth are still alive and making music, I'm guessing they'll take much longer than the other two (and could turn into ongoing projects).

I'm pretty stoked, both to hear more music from these talented dudes and to see where their evolution took/is taking them. I'd also like to examine how The Beatles as a creative force influenced their individual sound, style, lyrics, etc. There are some documentaries available that I've seen bits and pieces of (like George Harrison: Living in the Material World) that I may review at some point as well, when I reach that point in time, to supplement our understanding of that artist's development and life journey.

One aspect I'm not quite sure about is the other other Fifth Beatle, Yoko Ono. I'm somewhat familiar with her work as an artist, since we studied her as part of my contemporary art class in college; I may or may not end up doing a separate post or two on her, both as an artist and as a huge influence and muse for John. ("Force of nature" might be a more apt description.) We'll see how that pans out in the future, maybe once I'm finished with John's discography.

That's it for now... I'll officially start in with the music tomorrow. I need a little time to plan this one out since it's a much bigger project than the original Beatles blog. :) So, I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment