Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All Together Now

"All Together Now" was written by Paul, and, like "Yellow Submarine", has the feel of a children's song:
McCartney described the song as a children's sing-along with the title phrase inspired by the music hall tradition of asking the audience to join in. He also described a "subcurrent" in the song, a dual-meaning where "we are all together now.
The good news is that I recognized this song. The bad news is that I'd never known it was a Beatles song since I'd heard it first in a Sprint commercial. I'd always disliked the song in the commercial; however, now that I know it's a Beatles song and have heard the original, I find I prefer it over the cover. I dislike the commercial even more now. :P

The lyrics, disregarding the line about taking a friend to bed (which I find odd and out of place), provide a perfect sing-along style tune for kids to enjoy. So, of course, I enjoy it as well, since I'm still very much a kid. :)

That's all for today! See you tomorrow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 39
Songs Completed: 169

No comments:

Post a Comment