Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Got to Get You into My Life

Today's song is "Got to Get You into My Life", written by Paul McCartney. It features substantial brass instrumentation, including three trumpets and two tenor saxophones. According to Paul himself, he wrote the lyrics, not about a particular person, but about marijuana. :P

I really like this one. The horns add an insistent vibe to the lyrics (which I prefer to think are about a person rather than a plant, even a very special plant), and the lyrics themselves are interesting. My favorite part of the song is when Paul belts out, "Got to get you into my life", as well as the lines, "I was alone, I took a ride / I didn't know what I would find there / Another road where maybe I could see another kind of mind there". 

Well, that's all for today... see you tomorrow. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 21
Songs Completed: 113

No comments:

Post a Comment