Friday, August 26, 2011

When I'm Sixty-Four

Today's song is the adorable and infinitely charming "When I'm Sixty-Four". Paul wrote it when he was sixteen, which is funny considering the song is about growing old. When the guys were recording Sgt. Pepper in December of 1966, Paul "may have thought of the song... because his father turned 64 earlier that year.

The lyrics are from a young man to his lover, asking her if she'll grow old with him. They're by far the sweetest lyrics we've heard yet, in my opinion. I particularly enjoy the little jokes, such as in the lines: "I could be handy mending a fuse / When your lights have gone." :P I also really like the sound of the song itself; it has an older sound, as if we're listening to an old recording of a man playing piano for his wife in their living room. :)

That's all for today! See you tomorrow. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 26
Songs Completed: 123

No comments:

Post a Comment