Sunday, November 20, 2011

You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)

"You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" is an exceedingly weird song written by Lennon. According to Wikipedia:
The song is a music hall comedy number. Lennon came up with the lyric/title after seeing a phone book. He said:
That was a piece of unfinished music that I turned into a comedy record with Paul. I was waiting for him in his house, and I saw the phone book was on the piano with 'You know the name, look up the number.' That was like a logo, and I just changed it.
The song contains various weird vocalizations and different music styles that imitate some of The Beatles' contemporaries. Overall, it's a quirky song that starts off only a little odd and devolves into something truly bizarre. At this juncture I'm unable to decide how I feel about this song on a personal level. :P

That's it for now... see you tomorrow!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 54
Songs Completed: 211

No comments:

Post a Comment