Thursday, June 30, 2011

Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby

Today's song is "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby". Originally by Rex Griffin and performed later by Carl Perkins, The Beatles' version (which is inspired by Perkins' version because the guys didn't know his wasn't the original) features George on vocals. His vocals were processed using the STEED effect, or "send/single tape echo echo delay", which caused the echoes.

To be honest, it's that echoing that put me off the song a bit--it's more difficult to understand the lyrics, and it makes it sound like you're listening to the song at a concert from the nosebleed section. Not really my most favorite thing ever, but oh well. The lyrics are generic, cheerful rock-and-roll fare--the singer's got so much game, even he doesn't know what to do with it all. :P

Coming up is the album summary for Beatles for Sale so I'll keep this post short--luckily I don't have anything else to say about it anyway. :) 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 8
Songs Completed: 66

No comments:

Post a Comment