Saturday, September 10, 2011

Album Summary: Magical Mystery Tour

Magical Mystery Tour has been a fantastic album--almost as great as Sgt. Pepper in my mind. We went through several more classic Beatles songs (including "I Am the Walrus", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "Penny Lane", and today's "All You Need Is Love"), and I got to hear plenty of new (to me) songs that I loved.

MMT seemed to me like the perfect follow-up album to Sgt. Pepper. It continued on the psychedelic path its forerunner had established, but still took an offshoot route. Although it didn't seem to have the same kind of "journey" vibe, it still had more of that than previous albums, which I quite enjoyed. Overall, this is probably my second-favorite album so far. :)

See you tomorrow for a new song and a new album!

No comments:

Post a Comment