Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm So Tired

"I'm So Tired" is today's song, and it was written by John Lennon while at the ashram in India. According to Wikipedia: 
Lennon wrote the song at a Transcendental Meditation camp when he could not sleep...Yoko Ono, and was plagued by insomnia that inspired the song. Lennon later said of it: "One of my favourite tracks. I just like the sound of it, and I sing it well". After three weeks of constant meditation and lectures, Lennon missed his soon-to-be wife,
This song is also one of the "clues" utilized by the "Paul is dead" conspiracy theorists. At the end of the song, John seems to mumble incoherently. Apparently, when played backwards, this mumbling seems to say, "Paul is a dead man. Miss him, miss him, miss him." 

Conspiracy theories aside, I like this song. It reminds me of "I'm Only Sleeping", which was similarly about John's problems with insomnia (which I also often experience). I particularly enjoyed these lines: "Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette / And curse Sir Walter Raleigh / He was such a stupid git." Sir Walter Raleigh, as I learned, was a 16th-century nobleman credited with increasing the popularity of tobacco in England. :P

That's all for today! See you tomorrow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 36
Songs Completed: 148

No comments:

Post a Comment