Monday, September 26, 2011

I Will

"I Will" is a sweet little love song by Paul McCartney. According to Wikipedia, "This quiet song required 67 takes, and George Harrison did not play (during The Beatles sessions, The Beatles often recorded in separate studios)." That's a lot of takes for a song that clocks in at 1:48. 

Although George is missing on this track, the other guys make up for his absence; Ringo's bongos in particular give "I Will" a sound that I would call cute or even adorable. The lyrics give me the impression that the singer hasn't yet met his love, but he's willing to wait a long time. It's just a great song, something I can definitely imagine hearing at a wedding or on a mixed CD/playlist for your significant other. 

That's all for today. See you tomorrow!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 37
Songs Completed: 154

No comments:

Post a Comment