Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

"Hello, Goodbye", the Beatles song I hear probably the most often, was written McCartney (but with the usual Lennon/McCartney credits). Paul was apparently inspired to write it after this incident:
Alistair Taylor, who worked for the Beatles' manager, Brian Epstein, had asked McCartney how he wrote his songs, and McCartney took him into his dining room to give him a demonstration on his harmonium. He asked Taylor to shout the opposite of whatever he sang as he played the instrument—black and white, yes and no, stop and go, hello and goodbye. Taylor later said, "I wonder whether Paul really made up that song as he went along or whether it was running through his head already."
I hear this song quite often at my place of employment; I wouldn't say it gets old, per se, but I've heard it so often now that I can sing every word. I feel the same way about it as I did the first time--the call-and-response theme makes the song fun to sing along with, and it's just generally a catchy song. :)

That's all! See you tomorrow. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 30
Songs Completed: 134

No comments:

Post a Comment