Monday, May 9, 2011

Album Summary: Please Please Me

We've reached the end of the first album, so it's time for an album summary!

Please Please Me was a neat album. It showcased The Beatles' early style and I enjoyed listening to it. I liked some songs more than others, of course; "Anna (Go to Him)" was probably my favorite, but "Do You Want to Know a Secret" had that nostalgic charm for me, and "Boys" was so fun and subtly subversive I couldn't help but enjoy it. I also liked the research aspect; looking up the history (or at least what I like to call the Wikipedia version of events) not only helped me understand the song's music and lyrics, but also gave me a tiny glimpse into the guys' heads at the time. I'm sure it would be well worth the $65.99 to purchase the Beatles anthology, but for a free version, it's not half bad.

That's about it for the summary... tomorrow I'll begin listening to With the Beatles so I'll catch you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment