Monday, May 23, 2011

Album Summary: With The Beatles

Another album's flown by. I can't believe I've been doing this blog for almost a month. :P

Honestly, I think I enjoyed With The Beatles a little more than Please Please Me. I recognized more of the songs (and not just because I've seen Across the Universe, like, a thousand times), the songs were a little better and more creative, and there were lots of covers of truly great songs thrown in with original stuff to stir it up a bit. I think my favorite songs were "Don't Bother Me", "I Wanna Be Your Man", and "You've Really Got a Hold on Me". Those stand out to me for various reasons--George and Ringo's talents are showcased in the first and second, respectively, and the third is simply a great cover of a great song.

Overall, it was a really fun experience. :) Doing this blog has opened up an entire world of music for me; before now, I'd never taken the time to listen to a lot of what Motown has to offer, and I can thank The Beatles for nudging me in the right direction. I'm excited to start the next album tomorrow, and to see where it takes me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment