Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Album Summary: Help!

As I'm sure you can guess, Help! is by far my favorite album (at least up to this point!). Some critics and music experts may say that the true turning point for The Beatles musically was a specific song in some earlier album, but I think the action truly happened right here. There's just something about the feel of these songs together that makes this album something pretty awesome.

I loved almost every song on Help! which makes it difficult to narrow down my favorites. So difficult, in fact, that I won't do it. It would be like asking a parent to choose her favorite child--she might have one, but she'll never admit it (unless she's kind of a crappy parent, I suppose). A couple of the tracks on the album were songs we've already heard (specifically "Tell Me What You See" and "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" from Beatles VI), but the rest were original, musical gold.

As far as the album's relationship to the film is concerned, I'll have to wait to talk about that until Netflix sends me the movie--I'll discuss that aspect of the album in the movie review. Until then, stay tuned for today's post, the first song from Rubber Soul. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment