Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Girl

"Another Girl", written by Paul, has to be the coldest breakup song I've ever heard. It goes from an "apparent threat to a jealous girl" but then "turns into a sweet tribute to the 'other' girl who 'will always be my friend'" (according to Wikipedia). I'm not sure how much I like this song, personally; it's a little bit bipolar for my tastes, and quite harsh to the singer's original ladyfriend. 

Musically, one might be tempted to label this a "filler" song, but McCartney takes exception to that (which, he would... he wrote it) when he said in defense of this song and others: "It's a bit much to call them fillers because I think they were a bit more than that, and each one of them made it past the Beatles test. We all had to like it." One final tidbit: Interestingly, "Another Girl" is one of only a handful of songs in which Paul plays lead guitar as well as bass. 

That's all for today! See you tomorrow. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 11
Songs Completed: 78

No comments:

Post a Comment