Sunday, July 31, 2011

If I Needed Someone

Today's song is "If I Needed Someone", George's requisite one song on Rubber Soul. Apparently Harrison was greatly inspired by the music of The Byrds. Wikipedia tells us that "'If I Needed Someone' was the only Harrison composition played during any of The Beatles' tours; otherwise Harrison sang only covers onstage." Also, this song is one of only two from Rubber Soul that the guys performed in concert; the other is "Nowhere Man"

This one is interesting to me... I like the lyrics, in which the singer states he's too busy for love, but if you'll please leave your number he (may) call you back (probably... maybe). The heavily harmonized vocals are pretty good, though I think John and Paul's backup singing overshadows George's voice. Maybe that's just me, though. I'm always getting them confused. :P

That's all for today... See you tomorrow!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 18
Songs Completed: 97

No comments:

Post a Comment