Monday, July 11, 2011

I Need You

"I Need You" is a great song written and sung by George. :) It's a quirky little song and I love it. Its corresponding scene in the film Help! "is the first video produced showing George Harrison singing lead vocal on a song" according to Wikipedia. Yay George!

It's generally thought that George wrote the song about his girlfriend (and later wife), Pattie Boyd. Also, Wikipedia tells us that the song's "distinctive lead guitar cadences [were] achieved by Harrison's first recorded use of a volume pedal" which is no doubt fascinating to hardcore Beatles historians as well as music buffs. :)

Listening to this album before watching the movie is actually pretty hard; it's so tempting to watch the YouTube video while I'm listening, but so far I've resisted doing so, knowing the movie will be more excellent without sneaking a peek beforehand. :P Today's song is a really great one though; I like the lyrics, which are suitably bummed, and I enjoy the music, which is oddly upbeat with those great guitar cadences. Overall a fabulous little song. :)

That's all for today! See you guys tomorrow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 11
Songs Completed: 77

No comments:

Post a Comment