Sunday, July 17, 2011

I've Just Seen a Face

One of my favorite Beatles songs today! "I've Just Seen a Face" is a country classic by Paul McCartney, who both wrote it and sang lead vocals. Rather ironically (since Paul mostly played bass), this is one of the few Beatles songs that completely lacks a bass track. 

Wikipedia gives us a great quote from Paul about his song, which has remained one of his favorites over the years (he performed the song with Wings and more recent DVD releases).
McCartney has stated, “It was slightly country and western from my point of view... it was faster, though, it was a strange uptempo thing. I was quite pleased with it. The lyric works; it keeps dragging you forward, it keeps pulling you to the next line, there’s an insistent quality to it that I liked."
Like I mentioned above, this is one of my favorites. I absolutely adore the version by Jim Sturgess in Across the Universe, but I find the original equally enjoyable. The lyrics are sweet--the singer's just fallen head over heels for a girl he's just seen. The lyrics come rushing up at you, guided along by that twangy guitar work by George. It's simply excellent! :)


That's all for today... Just one more new song on Help! (and it's a big one!) and then I'll watch the film and post a movie review. I can't wait! See you then. :)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heard It Tally: 14
Songs Completed: 83

No comments:

Post a Comment